Throughout the year the Trust organises regular talks and visits to gardens around the county. Members tell us that this is one of the most enjoyable aspects of being a member of the Devon Gardens Trust.
We have volunteers who help in the development of the annual programme of events and those who offer practical help. More ideas make for a more interesting and varied programme, so we are keen to welcome more people to the team to help us
- identify potential speakers, topics etc
- find special places to visit
- make arrangements with the speaker, venue etc.
- set up a venue, eg putting out chairs, tables etc
- erect temporary signs near the venue to direct people to the event
- direct participants to the car park and to the meeting point.assist with refreshments
- help a speaker set up their talk
- meet and greet those attending the events
- being the point of contact during the event
This is a great way of meeting fellow members and learning more about Devon and its special places. No experience is necessary.
If you are interested in finding out more contact [email protected]