We welcome applications for bursaries up to £750 for study on a course which must be accredited by a body such as the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), City and Guilds, BTEC (EdExcel), International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC) and the Open Distance Learning Quality Council (ODLQC). Bursaries are intended to assist prospective students who would not otherwise be able to afford to accept a place on the chosen course.
Bursary applicants must
- normally be resident in Devon
- be able to demonstrate a commitment or ambition to work or study in the historic designed landscape. Priority is given to those with involvement with sites on the Historic England Register of Park and Gardens of Special Historic Importance or Devon Gazetteer of Parks and Gardens of Local Historic Importance
- demonstrate that DGT support would add value to their work or study.
Bursary recipients are offered free membership of Devon Gardens Trust for at least one year and are expected to
- engage with Devon Gardens Trust activities (eg an article, talk, engage with DGT research and recording, support the Trust’s educational work, testimony regarding the usefulness of funding to their career etc.) to be agreed on acceptance of the grant offer
- submit a report or article on completion of their studies
- acknowledge the Trust's support appropriately
- The Bursary is contingent on confirmation from an educational institution of an offer of a place on the course and is paid directly to the educational institution.
- DGT will not normally award more than one educational bursary or grant to the same person within a two year period.
Applications should be submitted as shown on the Application Form by midday 11th August 2021 Interviews will be held online in the week beginning 23rd August 2021. Please consult the Guidance Notes for Applicants before completing the Application Form (Please note the application form is a PDF, should you require it in Word format please contact [email protected]) and if you have any queries about Bursaries please contact [email protected]
Click HERE to download Application Form
Click HERE to download the Guidance Notes for Applicants